Monday, September 29, 2008

Enough Already

Even though I got my major in Politcal Science, I have a real love/hate relationship with our electon cycle. I get tired of the commercials, and I really think that the debates need some overhaul. The debates should feature questions created by us, not journalists. That way we get to issues that matter to us, not some talking head who has an agenda, and moderated by one who will keep the candidates under control.

What concernes me more now is what Washington is doing with our current financial crisis, which it is in large part responsible for by pushing lenders to lend to folks who a) don't have the money to pay back what they borrow, b) buy much more house than they need because they can borrow so much, and c) are not smart enough to understand the difference between fixed-rate and variable-rate interest rates. This problem came from flawed liberal thinking that believes that owning a house is a right. Sorry, but owning a home is a privilage and a responsibility. The book of Proverbs has much wisdom about being wise with our money.

No comments: